Email Marketing: Key Facts on Email Marketing
These email marketing facts will help you to rate and improve your email marketing campaigns.
- Email is really global. There are more than 3.2 billion email accounts nowadays, and 85% of internet users access email.
- 30% of the people who sign up for your emails won’t get them because their ISP will incorrectly block them.
- 85% of the people on your e-mail list will stop reading your e-mails (without unsubscribing) after the third message your company sends to them.
- 39% of your current year new subscribers will unsubscribe, or stop reading/engaging with your e-mails by the end of the year.
- 15% who read your e-mails will consult a social network like Facebook or Twitter before taking action
- Email usage by young people decreased by 34% among 18-24 year-old users in United States
- There are still some trust issues with email, just a half of consumers worldwide trust mailings from companies and organizations they have signed up to receive.
- Approximately 83% of all emails reach the recipients’ inboxes.
- Mobile email usage is growing. 27% of all emails were opened on mobile devices during the second ½ of 2011 up from 20% during the first ½ of 2011.
- More than a third of email marketing companies are not ready for mobile email marketing campaigns.
- Investments in email marketing campaigns are forecasted to grow from $1.3B in 2012 to $2B by 2014.
- Nearly 60% of B2B marketers believe email is the best and the most effective tool to generate revenue.
- ¾ of small and medium US business websites have no email link for consumers to contact the business.